“No Winners on a Dead Earth”: Why We Need a Climate Leader in 2020
— Yes! Magazine David Korten posted Oct 01, 2019
The climate crisis is our common cause,
and we’ll need to elect a president that is willing to take it on.
How to Identify People Open to Evidence about Climate Change — Resiliance.org
Send a message to Governor Inslee today:
Real climate leadership means no more fossil fuel projects!
Carbon WA’s campaign for climate-friendly farms and ranches needs your help!
Join us in saying NO to Tim Eyman’s Initiative 976 — Washington Environmental Council
Cathi Murray is a longtime resident of Pines, Indiana, home to a Superfund site with contaminated water. She’s holding a photo of the coal plant that creates huge coal ash piles, which leak contaminants into Pines’ water that Cathi and her neighbors rely on.
- Teenage Girls Are Leading The Climate Movement — And Getting Attacked For It (Buzzfeed news)
- Hoaxes about Greta Thunberg go after her family, image and activism. But why? (Poynter)
- Right-wing media launch unhinged attacks after climate strikes (Media Matters)
- Attacks on Greta Thunberg Come from a Coordinated Network of Climate Change Deniers (Teen Vogue)
- Climate deniers get more media play than scientists: study (France 24)
- Far-right Facebook groups ‘spreading hate to millions in Europe’ (The Guardian)
- Landmark UN report warns sea levels will rise faster than projected by 2100 (CNN)
How climate change threatens our health in the Pacific Northwest
— the Seattle Times
This week, the
Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench
granted advance costs to
Beaver Lake Cree Nation
to allow it to proceed with its
“Tar Sands Trial” treaty case against
Canada and Alberta.
Trump vs. California: — DemocracyNow! video
In Blow to Climate, U.S. Revokes State’s Stricter Auto Emissions Standards
Last Chance Alliance is a coalition of over 700 organizations that formed to address the ongoing climate, health, and environmental justice emergency caused by the oil and gas industry in California.