Our action is part of a national day of observance sponsored by 350.org. and a prelude to the Global Climate Summit being held in San Francisco September 12-14. Activities include:
* Hollywood Beach Party, meet and greet, potluck/picnic
* Kids’ activities all day long (see press release below for details)
* Storytelling and music
* Orca vigil & Kayaktivists invocation
* Featured speakers at Feiro Marine Life Center:
- Ken Balcomb, Center for Whale Research, on the plight of the orcas.
- Eric de Place, Sightline Institute, and Verner Wilson, Friends of
the Earth, on fossil fuel impacts to Puget Sound & the Thin Green Line.
* Evening program at Elwha Klallam Heritage Center: Multi-media
presentation of The Road To Athabasca, a chronicle of an epic
bicycle journey along the route of the Trans Mountain pipeline.
This event is free, but donations will be collected to fund OCA’s activities and the opposition to the Trans Mountain Pipeline. Please RSVP here so we can add our numbers to the overall count of people who are gathering on this day for Climate Justice internationally. You can also keep up to date on this event on our Facebook page.
Poster: The Road to Athabasca