Footage from Raid and Testimony
Situation Report — February 6, 2020
- As of 4:44 PM Chiefs & supporters blocked the road at 27km, forcing RCMP to let Wet’suwet’en chiefs in. Clearing work has stopped at 44km. Dsta’hyl (Likht’samisyu) said the #Wetsuweten will enforce the eviction of Coastal Gaslink, with any means at their disposal.
- Military tactical RCMP are amassed just before the camp at 44 and we’re seen waiting around the corner and hiding in the bush before nightfall
- RCMP Threaten to Arrest Journalist for Doing his Job During Police Raid in Northern BC
- Canadian Association of Journalists Condemns Crackdown on Reporters in Wet’suwet’en Territory
- All entrances to the Port of Vancouver were shut down today!
- Indigenous Youth are still locked down at the BC capital! UVIC Students walked out of class to join them!
- Rail Lines were shut down in Mohawk Territory and Highway 408 was blocked in 6 Nations, and Highway 16 blocked in Gitxsan Territory!
- Action Across Turtle Island are planned for tomorrow and through the weekend!
Your actions are forcing the public to look at what Canada’s blatant colonialism and are keeping people on the frontline safe!
You’re having an impact! Please continue to mobilize!
See upcoming action list below!
Highway 16 (The highway of tears and nearest highway to camp) blocked in Gixtsan Territory
Indigenous youth locked down at BC Legislature in Victoria!
TAKE TO THE STREETS — February 6, 2020
FIND AN ACTION NEAR YOU!
INTERNATIONAL MOBILIZATION EVENT PAGE
Don’t see an action near you? Take the lead and organize one and post it to the Facebook Event Page above!
2 PM Friday at City Hall
BAY AREA: https://www.facebook.com/events/180970053115056/
Ongoing Phone Zap
COURTENAY BC: Friday at 1 PM at MLA Ronna Rae’s Office on 4th st
Friday at Noon at Canada Place
Time and Location TBA
LONDON ONTARIO: https://www.facebook.com/events/2638704579585858/
Tuesday at 3:30 PM
Saturday at 12:30 at Maffeo Sutton Park
Friday at Noon at Parliament Visitor Centre
Friday at Noon at Place De Arts
RIMOSKI QUEBEC: https://www.facebook.com/events/614270282684967/
Sunday at 1 PM
SAN FRANCISCO: https://www.facebook.com/events/190268625420532/
Friday 2:30 PM at Canadian Consulate
Sunday at 1 PM at Westlake
Monday at 11 AM
TORONTO (FRIDAY): https://www.facebook.com/events/179846629918292/
Friday at 11:00 AM at Queens Park
TORONTO (SATURDAY): https://www.facebook.com/events/484525335770468/
Saturday at 11 AM at Dufferin Grove
VANCOUVER: Meet Friday at Woodland Park at 2:30 PM
Sunday at 1 at City Hall VICTORIA: https://www.facebook.com/events/206313827165150/
Tomorrow at 8 AM Centennial Square
Friday Feb 7 at noon at 5109 48th street
Testimony to the power of the Unist’ot’en Healing Centre:
“When me and johnny got to Unist’ot’en we were both in bad condition. We were so far gone in our addiction we needed help and didnt know how to reach out or pushed people away. We were drowning out so much feelings greif. Trauma. Sadness. Anger. We planned on going to Unist’ot’en but couldnt leave the drinking life behind. After a tragic incident where we lost our baby neice. Johnnys aunty Sheila Mitchell helped us get there. Warner naziel and Freda Huson picked us up where we spent 5 amazing months getting to know the land and the amazing people we met. Who supported us in every which way they could. Our lives have changed because of Unist’ot’en. Me and johnny are ever so grageful. He misses trapping and hunting on the land. Also missing our Unist’ot’en family. Prayers are with u all today. Thanks for helping us get our lives back on track living healthy. Because of Unist’ot’en we have been sober. And have a healthy daughter. Forever in our hearts 💜”
Militarized Police are invading unceded Wet’suwet’en Territories to arrest grandmothers at their healing center for Indigenous peoples!
The time to rise up is now!
-Unist’ot’en Solidarity Brigade