Timber industry groups are ramping up their requests for accelerated logging to our state legislators. Now is the time to make noise about our position on protecting our forests, climate, habitat, people, and economies!
- Sign on to our Call to Action! Our Forest Climate Alliance web page has buttons for both individuals and organizations to sign on.
- Post to your personal networks, social media, etc.
- Write letters to the editor.
- Write to our District 24 legislators:
- Sen. Kevin Van De Wege, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Mike Chapman, email@example.com
- Rep. Steve Tharinger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Each of these legislators plays a critical leadership role: Van De Wege and Chapman are the chairs of the Senate and House Natural Resources committees, and Tharinger is chair of the House Capital Budget committee. All three are generally rated highly for their environmental support but retrograde in regard to forest-management issues in our timber-dominated district, willfully ignoring the facts belying timber-industry misrepresentations.
Please spread the word on this important issue!