Dear Olympic Climate Action, thank you so much for supporting The Climate Mobilization!
We are a small but fierce organization that advocates the strongest, fastest, sanest approach to the climate crisis. Because of your support, we are moving the country toward mobilization. A few highlights:
- April 16, 2016 Bernie Sanders calls for WWII scale climate mobilization in Brooklyn Debate with Hillary Clinton
- July 22, 2016: Need for WWII climate mobilization officially adopted into the official Democratic party platform
- November 1, 2017: Hoboken, NJ city council unanimously passes a resolution declaring climate emergency and committing to a decade transition to zero emissions brought by local TCM Hoboken chapter.
- December 5, 2017: The county council of Montgomery County, MD unanimously supports a resolution declaring a climate emergency and committing to an end to all emissions by 2035. The move and TCM’s participation is covered in the Washington Post and picked up by the Associated Press, reaching over 50 outlets.
- January, 2018: Inspired by our success in Montgomery County, Seattle 350 and a coalition of Washington state climate groups launch the “Climate Countdown,” demanding an immediate halt to all fossil fuel infrastructure, and 100% renewable energy in ten years or less.
- May 4th, 2018, LA City Council Unanimously votes to explore Climate Emergency Mobilization Department (CityWatch LA).
Your support has made this possible. Sincere thanks,
Margaret Klein Salamon, PhD
Founder and Director, The Climate Mobilization
Climate change is an emergency. Let’s treat it like one. Let’s mobilize.
The Climate Mobilization
275 9th Street, Suite 150387
Brooklyn, NY 11215