Draft Proposals for Public Comment
available from the Washington Climate Assembly
PBS News Hour
Litigants need to model the strategy that brought down Big Tobacco: Share everything.
The Cornucopia Institute
Through research and investigations on agriculture and food issues, provides needed information to family farmers, consumers and other stakeholders in the good food movement and to the media.
New Rules for Fossil Fuels: Protecting WA Communities
LEAGUE of WOMEN VOTERS
FIGHTING CLIMATE CHANGE AND ITS EFFECTS
- Climate Change | Two climate bills are ready for floor votes in the legislature
- Energy | Energy bills this session mostly focused on reducing climate change.
- Natural Resources | Forest bills made it out of fiscal committees!
- Transportation | A new transportation budget will be adopted this year and emphasis will be on reducing the net impact of transportation systems on climate change.
Join the Meeting
ID: 850 6588 5731 — Passcode: 902181
Four Mondays at Noon — Feb. 28 – Mar. 21
Creating a hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle pilot sales and use tax exemption program.
Background on Renewable Hydrogen
- Renewable hydrogen could play a key role in Washington’s clean-energy future (Seattle Times, 12/15/20)
- Committee passes Hawkins bill to promote hydrogen-powered vehicles
- Hawkins email newsletter: NCW continues to lead on clean energy (Dec 2020)
- First Toyota, Kenworth hydrogen trucks headed to customers (Dec 2020)
Help Save America’s Birds
The North Face, Lululemon and Columbia
must go coal free
Calendar Jam: Tell Bank CEOs to Defund Line 3
EPA awards 3 companies $220M for cleanup of abandoned uranium mines on Navajo Nation
— KUTV Salt Lake City
The Klamath Dam removals are a test case for stakeholders working together to better manage water in the West.
Thursday, March 25 | 5 — 5:45 pm
Local and Regional Newsletters
Maersk will launch the first-ever carbon neutral container ship by 2023
“If you don’t do this, 10 years from now we risk becoming irrelevant,” Morten Bo Christiansen, vice president and head of decarbonization at Maersk, told Bloomberg. “Our customers need us to do this.”
What share of global CO2 emissions come from aviation?
“Flying is a highly controversial topic in climate debates. There are a few reasons for this.”
— Our World in Data
Meet the Black leaders in the Biden-Harris Administration tackling climate and environmental justice.
4 questions about weather-driven power outages, answered
— PBS News Hour
A scientific blueprint to tackle the climate, biodiversity and pollution emergencies.
Fossil Fuel Shock Doctrine:
Naomi Klein on Deadly Deregulation & Why Texas Needs the Green New Deal
— DemocracyNow! interview
Every day, the Arctic slips further into an unstable state.
The American Gas Association, a trade group funded by customers’ utility bills, has helped orchestrate state laws that block towns and cities from encouraging electric appliances in buildings.
Last week’s winter storm in Texas was responsible for the emission of 3.5 million pounds of excess pollutants
Climate in Politics
The United Nations Security Council declined on Tuesday to recognize climate change as a threat to global security