Salish Sea Protection – Lobby Day 2018
A day of action to protect The Salish Sea! Join Protectors of the Salish Sea and Students for the Salish Sea in a day of constituent conversations with decision makers about key issues threatening our Salish Sea and what it will take to let this beautiful region return to health. This session we are advocating:
- Orca Whale protection policies
- Against the Kinder-Morgan Pipeline
- An immediate halt to work at the LNG facility being illegally constructed on Puyallup tidal flats until a proper EIS has been conducted
- An immediate lease phase-out on all invasive Atlantic Salmon net-pens
- Freeing the Snake River from the four lower dams
- Respect forTreaties signed with Coast Salish Tribal Nations!
What: Salish Sea Protection – Lobby Day 2018
Date: Monday, February 12th, 2018
Carpool info: www.groupcarpool.com/t/5ups9x
Let’s create a healthier Salish Sea together!
* S C H E D U L E *
8:30-10: Indigenous prayer with Protectors for the Salish Sea and briefing on Indigenous solidarity issues; followed by a briefing on up-to-date policy priorities list.
— During this portion each participant will receive a name tag, an itinerary for constituent meetings and folder with specific policy information —-
12:00 Students for the Salish Sea Kinder Morgan petition delivery to Jay Inslee!
10-4:15, meetings with Senators and Representatives!
If you register here we’ll schedule meetings with your representatives:
**Please let us know if this cost poses a barrier to you and we will do our best to accommodate.**
We’d like to arrange childcare for anyone coming with kids. Message us if this is your circumstance ♥